Top amps

Roger · 3470

Offline Roger

on: November 04, 2012, 08:35:16 AM
I have been playing with my Paramounts for about 8 months now, and I must say that they are fantastic. Superquiet, top resolution and great soundstage. My amps are set up with 2A3s. Hope you sell a bunch of these amps.
Roger

Roger
VPI Classic (record player), Trigon advance (RIAA), Electrocompaniet EMC1-up (CD-player), BorderPatrol (line), Paramount v1.1 2A3 (power), Avantgarde Acoustics Duo Grosso (speakers)

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 09:05:35 AM
HeyRoger,

I see that the paramounts are in some very good company in your system, and those speakers certainly will let you know if your power amps are not up to the job!

Nice system, and I look forward to building some paramounts sometime next year myself.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Roger

Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 09:45:57 AM
HeyRoger,

I see that the paramounts are in some very good company in your system, and those speakers certainly will let you know if your power amps are not up to the job!

Nice system, and I look forward to building some paramounts sometime next year myself.

-- Jim

Yes, with the right speakers these amps really shine. I have to almost stick my head into the horns to hear a very low hum.
Roger

Roger
VPI Classic (record player), Trigon advance (RIAA), Electrocompaniet EMC1-up (CD-player), BorderPatrol (line), Paramount v1.1 2A3 (power), Avantgarde Acoustics Duo Grosso (speakers)

Offline Reap

Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 05:31:10 PM
I have been playing with my Paramounts for about 8 months now, and I must say that they are fantastic. Superquiet, top resolution and great soundstage. My amps are set up with 2A3s. Hope you sell a bunch of these amps.
Roger

Which speakers? Sensitivity?

Offline Roger

Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 09:08:37 AM
Roger

Which speakers? Sensitivity?

The speakers are Avantgarde Duo Grosso, and the sensitivity is 107dB.
Roger

Roger