Another New Eros

Tim G. · 1208

Offline Tim G.

on: September 29, 2017, 12:38:14 PM
Just finished up my Eros build and have it playing its first few tracks, and it is awesome!  I really enjoyed the Seduction that had been in my system for some time, but this is just a whole other level.   I have trouble explaining what I'm hearing here, but the thing that stands out is the imaging, the soundstage just seems "locked in" very wide and very real.  Really enjoying it!  Thanks for the great kit!

Tim

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 04:24:33 PM
That's a clean looking Eros!

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 05:14:21 PM
Looks great!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Tim G.

Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 02:50:53 AM
Thanks, its a pretty simple take on it, danish oil rub on the base and hammered grey on the bell, matches the rest of my system.  Here is a pick of the build, just a couple simple upgrades.  I used some socket cap hardware as a slight cosmetic upgrade, and upgraded the coupling caps and shunt regulator caps to Jantzen Silver Z-caps, but still might experiment with some other options.

My system at the moment is the Eros -> Smash w/ Smash-up -> Paramours w/ Iron&Cap upgrade -> Straight 8s w/ Peavey RD 1.6 Tweeter.  Changed things up enough I'm going back and re-listening to all sorts of stuff, best setup I've had by far.  Now what's going to be next?

Tim