Updates???

Bryon · 1899

Offline Bryon

on: January 31, 2010, 04:48:14 PM
Any hope of updates on the new products being developed? I am specifically waiting for an active crossover, the DAC and the Stereomour.  By the way the summer Stereomour camp sounds like a great idea.  If the timing is right, I'd buy in.

thanks

Bryon

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 06:41:31 AM
Yeah, we really need to set up a page where the status of R&D is updated....

Meanwhile, here is what I know about those specific projects:

1) the active crossover is temporarily on hold while we re-evaluate the technical approach. So far we've been using "Sallen & Key" filters based on improved cathode followers (C4S loads and shunt regulated), but we want to try low-impedance LC filters driven by a power buffer, and see if there is a significant difference in sonic quality. The buffer would of course have other applications ...

2) the DAC is still in work, not sure how long the development time line will be but there's lots yet to try out.

3) the Stereomour is still awaiting a resolution to the output transformer supply problem. Once that is resolved, it should go together pretty quickly.

Paul Joppa

Offline Bryon

Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 01:20:41 PM
I guess I lied about no text because the system won't let me post a subject without any text but there really isn't anything of value here.