SEX 2.1.1

Karl5150 · 806

Offline Karl5150

on: March 11, 2019, 01:39:10 PM
Loving the stepped attenuator and multiple inputs on my SEX 3.0.1 so I went ahead and rebuilt my 2.1 with the same mods. Realizing the 3.0.1 was destined for life in the twin base with the matching Reduction, I ordered an 8 x 12 panel to fit the leftover stock Seductor base. The extra real estate made for an easier build, only becoming congested around the tubes due to some giant Nichicon electrolytics and a couple film Clarity Caps.
It was assembled piecemeal while I waited for some parts. (Thanks Josh for the quick turnaround!) I even had time to try out Doc's recommended pin cleaning technique.
The resistance checks went fine, the voltage not so much. All the higher voltages were running about 40V high, there was no tube glow, and C1 and the tube #7 pins were reading +3.1V. That pointed to no juice to the heaters. A document search showed a missing jumper from C1 to C4. (That's why there is a space to check-off next to each step in the manual.)
All sorted out, it sounds as good as it ever has. Now maybe it's time to install the C4S board in the 3.0.1.

Karl
Downstairs: Planar3>PH-16>Stereomour II>OB Betsy+
Upstairs: RP1>Eros/CD5004>Seductor (2x Monoblocks)>FH3
Office: Modi Uber 2/Sirius>SEX2.1.1>µFonken FF85WK + DC160 subs
BR: FiiO M6>SEX3.0.1>ScanSpeak 10F + TangBand W6 (Mono)/DT770Pro
Garage: X12 streamer>Quicksand>Minimus 77