holder for spray paint cans?

Jim R. · 3381

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
on: March 16, 2012, 10:22:36 AM
Either my fingers are getting weaker or spray paint cans are getting harder to press -- probably both.  Anyway, I recall once seeing some gizmos that hold a can of spray paint and give you a kind of pistol-grip and trigger spray control but I can't recall what they're called or wwhere to get them.

If anybody can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Weather is warm and dry through this weekend so I'm hoping to get several pieces of iron, endbells and top plates painted so I can get on with building the guts of the various amps I have in the queue.  Just finished the endbell and power transformer for the stereomour.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 02:22:08 PM
Thanks much, gGrainger!  My sore hands thank you in advance.  Just ordered a couple.

-- Jim

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

Offline Yoder

Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 01:37:50 PM
I bought a charcoal filter mask a couple of years ago and it does wonders for keeping out noxious fumes when spraying. It is one of those simple ones (like they wear in Japan) and only cost about $8. I think it may have saved a few neurons.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 02:23:05 PM
The Can Gun arrived today and it looks and feels really perfect for what I need.  This one works with all 4 fingers on the long trigger, so plenty of leverage, and it seems to fit all the paint cans I have.

Looks like I won't be able to take it for a real test drive until Thursday though.

Thanks much, Graineger!

-- Jim

4krow

Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 07:48:41 AM
Cosider Lee Valley in Canada. I remember that they have just such a device for sale.