OT: The Grove - Austin Texas

Wardsweb · 3787

Offline Wardsweb

on: June 13, 2010, 02:52:52 PM
If any of you are ever in Austin, you have to visit www.grovewinebar.com I've been going for years and it is one of my favorite places to hang with friends. More wines than you can get through in a lifetime. A selection of food to is both tasty and unique. Take for instance their Wine Lovers Pizza: white pie with percuitto, blue cheeese and arugula. My wife loves their Ahi tuna. Never a bad meal and service with a smile. Dine outside under the "Big Ass Fan."

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 12:35:03 AM
Nice recommendation.  Sounds like fun!  But could you post a picture of the "Big Ass Fan?"

Offline iain42

• Buttons aren't toys
Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 11:14:56 AM
If any of you are ever in Austin, you have to visit www.grovewinebar.com I've been going for years and it is one of my favorite places to hang with friends. More wines than you can get through in a lifetime. A selection of food to is both tasty and unique. Take for instance their Wine Lovers Pizza: white pie with percuitto, blue cheeese and arugula. My wife loves their Ahi tuna. Never a bad meal and service with a smile. Dine outside under the "Big Ass Fan."

Thanks for posting this. I was just in Austin with my girlfriend in to see some bands and didn't find this spot. We are coming down in July for her birthday and this is the type of place she would really like.

accuracy in reproduction

Offline Wardsweb

Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 03:25:35 PM
Thanks for posting this. I was just in Austin with my girlfriend in to see some bands and didn't find this spot. We are coming down in July for her birthday and this is the type of place she would really like.

She'll love it. By the way, you anywhere close to Hope?

Offline iain42

• Buttons aren't toys
Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 03:13:41 AM

We were trying to go someplace not as hot but I don't think we have time to drive that far north LOL....

I'm in Little Rock. Usually pass through Hope though. I met you and travis at one of those horn events a couple years ago.

accuracy in reproduction

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 05:17:50 AM
Looks like my wife just scored a consulting gig in Austin sometime late summer/early Fall, and while I don't normally travel with here on these, I might have to make an exception this time as I've never been there.

If I do come along, Luther, would there be any chance of me coming over to hear your Edgarhorns?  A lot will depend on finances, and my health is always a big variable as well, but if it's in the cards, I'm sure she'd love me to come along.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Wardsweb

Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 05:29:03 AM
Looks like my wife just scored a consulting gig in Austin sometime late summer/early Fall, and while I don't normally travel with here on these, I might have to make an exception this time as I've never been there.

If I do come along, Luther, would there be any chance of me coming over to hear your Edgarhorns?  A lot will depend on finances, and my health is always a big variable as well, but if it's in the cards, I'm sure she'd love me to come along.

-- Jim

Let me know if you do make the trip and we can meet at The Grove to eat. Then whenever your schedule permits, I'm about an hour south. I'm always happy to share my systems with other audio buddies.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 04:04:33 PM
Luther,

Sounds great, at least for dinner at this point, and depending on my wife's schedule, we will figure out the audio field trip when the time comes.

-- Jim

P.S. -- I just got done sanding the PT for my Crack after shamelessly stealing your bondo trick :-).

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline iain42

• Buttons aren't toys
Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 01:13:04 PM

You were absolutely correct. The Grove was superb. Thanks so much for the Vino, wonderful food pristine 45 and great company.

Next stop The Pump Project for Nikoli Tesla's bday celebration. The band Arc Attack is playing Telsa Coils to music :)  http://pumpproject.org/2010/07/the-tesla-project-at-satellite/

accuracy in reproduction

Offline iain42

• Buttons aren't toys
Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 02:55:31 PM
The 45 sounds great.
Thanks.
(https://forum.bottlehead.com/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flh4.ggpht.com%2F_NVQujPOPx2c%2FTDu4ejRO2GI%2FAAAAAAAARgw%2Fkmslwl0AgcI%2Fs800%2FIMG_3366.JPG&hash=ba360c8bade6ee3bc6b2a18b2832d869066da34f)

accuracy in reproduction

Offline Wardsweb

Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 06:48:58 PM
I enjoyed your visit. It's always nice to share some good food, wine and vinyl with a fellow audio enthusiast.