Eros interconnect kinda question

Aural Robert · 951

Offline Aural Robert

on: February 11, 2017, 12:28:05 PM
Not sure if this is the exact forum but I gotta start somewhere.

I have been digitizing my music collection, using a small s/s preamp plugged into my pc audio card via rca jacks (M-Audio 2496). Now that my Eros is running (THANK YOU PB!!!!) I tried plugging the Eros directly into my audio card but it clips too often and there is no way on the digital side to control the input level. So, is there anyway to put a volume control in between a stock Eros and my pc?

I suspect this is a potentiometer in geek-speak, right? I am completely illiterate when it comes to electronics but I do know how to read a manual and follow directions. In other words, telling me to bypass my B+ with a shunt (or any similar techie instruction) is like asking me to calculate the orbit of Uranus. Pun intended.

I do have some volume controls in my toolbox from previous B'head upgrades so a re-purpose would be ideal. Help and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Aural Robert.
... Send for an ambulance or an accident investigator ...

Origin Live Calypso TT w String Theory arm & Shure V15VxMR, Eros or BH DAC -> BeePre -> MonAmor 2A3s w JJ's => Blumestein Bamboo Tritons on Blumenstein Bamboo stands, AND Enhanced SEX w Sexy spkrs and subs in the WAF zone. DIY Belden 89259 w Eichmann interconnects throughout

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 08:28:20 AM
I would just use your BeePre between the Eros and your PC. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man