Melted Power Switch for Foreplay 2.0

cmason84 · 1819

Offline cmason84

on: March 04, 2011, 05:19:29 PM
So, I melted the power switch in my Foreplay 2.0 today and would like to know if anyone can give me the nomenclature for that part so I can look into replacing it. It's red and has three terminals (one connected to a white wire from the power cord and the other to a black cord from the transformer).
Hopefully this is an easy pick up at Radio Shack as I'll be making a trip there tomorrow.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 03:13:56 AM
First, you have a lot of company.  There are a lot of Bottleheads who have melted the power switches.

Sorry, I don't have a part number.  Doc will probably have one for you when he sees the post.

The power switch should interrupt the incoming hot lead, the black from the wall, blue (I think) from the power cord.  The white should not have anything to do with it.  That is the "neutral return" to the wall. 

Wait, you might have an aftermarket power switch that is illuminated.  If so, the neutral is there for the return on the light only.  Can't say for sure, but that is my best guess.

Offline cmason84

Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 10:25:53 AM
I found out that the part is a rocker switch made by cwind. It is 8A at 125 VAC and is for a .508" x .756" rectangular hole (Part # is GRS-4011-0007).

I haven't been able to find a replacement part where I live, and although I have seen some that might suffice on ebay, they usually sell them in lots of 20.

If any of the folks at Bottlehead happen to have a rocker switch lying around that I could use as a replacement, please let me know and I would be happy to buy it from you. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:31:33 AM by cmason84 »