SEX is like SEX

mpent · 1311

Offline mpent

on: May 03, 2013, 02:21:32 PM
Perhaps this is gratuitous. I really don't care. This is not my first tube amp but is the first tube amp that I built (with your help of course). I am using it as a power amp with an emotiva preamp in front driving a pair of heathkit as 101s. I have a marantz CD player and thorens td 166mkii as sources. I've been playing CDs and LPs that I bought when I was 12 and that which I've bought today at 39 and I am really in heaven. I've been stuck in this crazy thinking of there's always better and how much better can I achieve within my budget and really I'm kind of done. This is the first amp that had really just made me stop and want to listen. Thank you!!!!!

Michael

Offline manis

Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 08:44:50 PM
It's not a secret that sex has an all-day-every-day-quality. Pardon me, that should be S.E.X. of course :)

> Macbook Air 13" late 2011
> Audirvana+ 1.4.6
> Supra USB 2.0 cable
> Jkenny Ciunas DAC 32/192
> Vermouth Audio Red Velvet ic
> Bottlehead S.E.X 2.1 (w/ C4S & imp.sw);
   Belden 19364 mains (w/ cryo Wattgate 320i IEC)
> Blue Jeans Cable 10 white (Belden)
> Blumenstein Orcas

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 02:48:53 PM
Well said Michael - others do not understand us. You are in good company here. A good sound completes us. Like a magical night of love making. Right there with ya. - Cheers - oh, and peace, love, dope, tubes - Eric

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.