Fibre shoulder washers # 6 [resolved]

tfoust · 471

Offline tfoust

on: December 29, 2023, 06:00:50 AM
My Stereomour II kit was short by three # 6 shoulder washers.  I ordered some from Mouser but when they arrived they were big for the holes they were to go in.  I think the opening was the right size. Apparently there are more specs that I should use to order these washers.  Mouser gets my orders to me the next day so I prefer to source from them.  What are the dimensions of the # 6 washers specified in these kits?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 05:46:10 AM by Paul Birkeland »

Offline Thermioniclife

Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 06:12:36 AM
Contact replacement parts at bottlehead.

Lee R.

Offline Thermioniclife

Reply #2 on: December 29, 2023, 06:29:47 AM
If you need them in a day, measure the hole diameter on the chassis plate. Then measure the thickness of the part that is above the chassis. Follow this link https://www.keyelco.com/category.cfm/Shoulder-Washers-Bushings/Fibre-Shoulder-Washers/id/813
find the one you need then click on distributers stock and if Mouser has them click on Mouser and bingo.

Lee R.

Offline tfoust

Reply #3 on: December 30, 2023, 12:47:49 AM
I have another order coming.  The chart you linked to was way easier to pick through than the listing Mouser offers.  Thanks a million!

Offline tfoust

Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 05:11:10 AM
OK, so I have another question about shoulder washers. 

The set of screw and washers provided for mounting the heatsink on the pcb includes a shoulder washer.  I must have lost one of them.  There is a Burmuda Triangle under my bench where parts go and are never seen again.  I cannot find a match for the shoulder washer to replace it.  The ones I found on the chart from Keystone either are too small for the screw to fit through or too big to fit in the opening of the transister.  Because these sets were prepackaged there was no specification of the size of any of the components.  Can you help me identifiy the shoulder washers so I can get a replacement?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator

Offline Mucker

Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 01:05:49 PM
OK, so I have another question about shoulder washers. 

The set of screw and washers provided for mounting the heatsink on the pcb includes a shoulder washer.  I must have lost one of them.  There is a Burmuda Triangle under my bench where parts go and are never seen again.  I cannot find a match for the shoulder washer to replace it.  The ones I found on the chart from Keystone either are too small for the screw to fit through or too big to fit in the opening of the transister.  Because these sets were prepackaged there was no specification of the size of any of the components.  Can you help me identifiy the shoulder washers so I can get a replacement?

FWIW, I get into that situation sometimes where I can't see or find what I dropped on the floor. Then I break out the brightest, whitest, LED flashlight I have and usually find it then along with a pretty dirty floor that otherwise looks fine under ambient lighting.

Offline tfoust

Reply #7 on: January 30, 2024, 10:21:09 AM
Thanks for the link.  While I was waiting for a reply I found on the Newark website a washer specked close to my measurements and placed an order.  It came in yesterday and fit perfectly so I finished the build, checked voltages which were perfect the first time and played some tunes.  I would rather have sourced from Mouser as I said before they get my orders to me overnight.  Newark took almost a week.  I know a shoulder washer of a different material would probably have worked but I resist substituting because it's a slippery slope and you might wind up with something the designer had not envisioned.