Like Button

jtori · 573

Offline jtori

on: April 03, 2020, 10:46:02 AM
Any possibility of enabling a "Like" button on the forum?  There are posts I'd like to like.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 01:50:19 PM
I'm not seeing anything like that in the forum app. I'll check to see if there is a package we can add that would allow this.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline galyons

• Geary Lyons
Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 04:41:15 PM
Any possibility of enabling a "Like" button on the forum?  There are posts I'd like to like.
I would hate to see that. This is not Facebook, nor would I want it to be.   i am on other sites that provide similar popularity contests.  This site, IMO and I think, Dan's design, is for support of BH products.  The designers are contributing to support their designs.  The rest of  us should  not be contributing to troll for likes!

Just my 2 cents. Of course, YMMV.

Cheers,
Geary

VPI TNT IV/JMW 3D 12+Benz LP-S>  Eros + Auralic Aries + ANK Dac 4.1 >Eros TH+ Otari MX5050 IIIB2 > BeePre >Paramount 300B 7N7 > EV Sentry IV-A

Thorens TD124/Ortofon RMG-212/SPU >Seduction > Smash^Up> Paramour 45 MQ >K12's

Offline Tom-s

Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 08:01:50 PM
I would hate to see that. This is not Facebook, nor would I want it to be.   i am on other sites that provide similar popularity contests.  This site, IMO and I think, Dan's design, is for support of BH products.  The designers are contributing to support their designs.  The rest of  us should  not be contributing to troll for likes!

Cheers,
Geary

Like!

Deke609

Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 05:08:05 AM
I would hate to see that. This is not Facebook, nor would I want it to be.   [snip]  Just my 2 cents. Of course, YMMV

Ditto. I fear that adding a "like" option would encourage forum readers to take a "Do I like this post or do I not like it?" attitude, which could quickly turn into a "Do I like this poster or not?", an then comes petty sniping and flaming. There's a lot of that on other diy audio forums. By comparison, the BH forum is an oasis of respectful discourse. Would be a real shame if that changed.

Also just my 2 cents.

cheers, Derek

Offline caffeinator

Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 06:35:41 AM
I like the current forum structure, thus, I am likewise kind of disliking the like; though that doesn't mean I dislike those who like the like.

Offline jtori

Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 07:22:58 AM

Cheers,
Geary

I really hadn't contemplated it from that perspective.  I do like the structure of the forum and the nature of the interactions amongst its members.  Sometimes, though, I don't have words for something a member has posted, but I do like it.

Best,

Joe.