My amps are en route to Denver

xcortes · 2555

Offline xcortes

on: September 24, 2013, 03:52:44 PM
My friend Jorge Sadurni will be demoing his horns at RMAF. He will be using my personal pair of hot rodded SR45 Paramour amps. Long story but one of them was built by me and the other by keto. I'm trying my best to go but the dates look terrible to me and I can't find a way to get there without spending two full days traveling.

In any case if you go to rmaf stop by and listen to the best amps I've ever heard, Bottlehead or not.

Xavier Cortes

Offline matthewmckay

Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 04:54:30 PM
Jorge's speakers look crazy! How many watts do your SR45s put out? ... I wish I was closer to Denver. 

http://sadurniacoustics.com/

4krow

Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 07:40:17 PM
 God, I wish I were rich. I would own stuff like this

Offline Chris

Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 09:09:44 PM
Wow, those speakers look unbelievably cool!!

Offline Grainger49

Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 12:45:41 AM
Jorge's speakers look crazy! How many watts do your SR45s put out? ... I wish I was closer to Denver. 

http://sadurniacoustics.com/

Sensitivity 110dBW, I would say a watt.  The SR45 amp is 1.75 so it is easily enough. 

They are striking!  I'm interested, are the horns time aligned?  They seem staggered in a purposeful way.

Offline Chris

Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 01:01:31 AM
They look time aligned.. I'd say at 110db, they would probably pickup you mumbling in your room and blast it back at you!.. haha

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 05:25:43 AM
Nice! Wish we could go too. But between record numbers of orders keeping things very busy here, keeping two kids in college operational and planning an almost unheard of week off to celebrate our 23rd anniversary later in October, a visit to RMAF isn't in the cards.

However, we are starting to plan out an exhibit room for 2014...

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Brillo

Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 06:58:33 AM
Sweet!  I've been struggling to find a reason to go to RMAF this year.  [Not much DIY-oriented stuff to see, and I'm poor.].

Xavier - any chance you can find out what room they'll be in?

Chris

Offline xcortes

Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 07:39:54 AM
I understand they'll have their own room. I guess under Sadurni Acoustics or the like.

I'm pretty sure they are indeed time aligned. I really prefer not to talk much about the speakers on Doc's forum. So I'll only comment that Jorge's been trying for ages to emmulate my horn system with a commercially viable package (I'm sure he'll deny this!  ;D

My SR 45s have exo 050s so they may be around 1.5 W.

Maybe next year I also can go. The problem is the damn date just happening on my anniversary and right on quarter bod meeting, earnings release, etc. And I need to keep both my wife and employer happy if I want to continue buying BH stuff right?

Xavier Cortes

Offline ironbut

Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 08:37:48 AM
Cool looking horns!
I'd like to go too but probably not this year.

Maybe we should all plan for a big Bottlehead meet up for 2014?

steve koto

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 10:34:46 AM
I should be good for 2014 but probably not this year even though it is pretty much in my backyard.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

4krow

Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 10:39:53 AM
  If it is held in MY back yard in Powell, Wyoming, I'm sure to be there. Couldn't resist Jim

Offline Brillo

Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 09:19:13 AM
Met the guys from Sarduni Acoustics on Saturday. Very nice, welcoming people and clearly passionate about their product.  They have much to be proud of - those speakers are impressive, in form and function. They deserved a bigger room, but seemed genuinely pleased to  be participating in the show nonetheless. I hope they're back again next year and have tape and vinyl sources available for demonstration.

Xavier's SR45s we're running 300b's with 2.5 heater voltage (if I recall correctly). Lovely and engaging.  Very powerful and delicate at the same time. I have a new benchmark to pursue with my own system.

Chris

Offline Saturntube

Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 06:53:54 PM
Thanks for all your nice comments on our speakers and to Brillo for showing up,  it was great meeting you!

All the Best

George Sadurni
Sadurni Acoustics