Missing 4 Resistors from my kit.

J. Mauro · 1295

Offline J. Mauro

on: December 26, 2013, 06:59:50 AM
Got my kit last week and my wife wrapped it for Christmas, unopened. Now I am checking all the parts against the list and I am missing the 4 220 ohm 1/4W carbon comp resistors. They are checked off on the checklist but I cannot find them. Is there anything special about these resistors or can I get any with the proper specs to replace these, so that I would not have to wait for Bottlehead to ship them out? Thanks for the help guys.

Jeremy Mauro

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Offline J. Mauro

Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 01:34:08 PM
Would it be fine to substitute 220 ohm 1/2 W resistors instead? Seems like a stupid question but I do not want to make a mistake. Thanks in advance.

Jeremy Mauro

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 02:03:40 PM
To answer your question: sort of. You could use 1/2W resistors in this position. Whether you should use the 1/2W resistors you've found could be debatable; I do know that the carbon composition resistors were selected for various technical reasons. If you e-mail replacementparts @ bottlehead . com, they will most likely go out in tomorrow's mail.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Online Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 03:07:43 PM
Those are grid stoppers, whose values are not critical - I'd stay to the 100-500 ohm range, though that's arguable. Carbon composition is still the king, but carbon film or metal film seem to work as well.

Paul Joppa

Offline J. Mauro

Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 05:27:33 PM
Thank you very much Paul. That is very helpful. I will order some new ones and keep them carbon comp.

Jeremy Mauro