Bottlehead Kits > Pipette Speaker

Will PreeBee2 + Kaju Power 2 Pipette Speakers?

(1/1)

Emoreigns:
Will the PreeBee2 pre-amp + the Kaju Power 2 Pipette Speakers- or just one? I had heard for some dual speaker setups you would need multiple Kaju's to power it.

Was curious if the combo of the two could power two Pipette Speakers-

Likely another noob question from me-

Thanks in advance-

Paul Birkeland:
The Kaiju is more than enough power to use with a pair of Pipette speakers.

2wo:
And if you were asking if a Kaju could power two Pipette per side, than yes to that as well... John

Doc B.:
What you read may have had to do with speakers that can be biamped. One could run the tweeters of a pair of biampable speakers with one Kaiju and the woofers with another Kaiju. That might help if the speakers are inefficient and I have suggested it at times to customers.

The Kaiju has more than enough power for the Pipettes. I've been running Pipettes with my 4 watt per channel Neothoriator amp lately and that much power is really nice for typical listening levels. So the 8-9watts per channel of Kaiju will be more than ample.

Since I'm posting in the Pipette forum - a new set of chassis panels for a revised subwoofer amp for the new passive sub will be arriving next week. The first amp I put together did not perform at all like its implied specs and so this new design was necessary. The protoype has been working very nicely and sounds much better than the first one. If things continue to go well the new sub and amp kits will be available next quarter.

Emoreigns:
Fantastic- Thanks for the replies as always everyone-

Looking forward to seeing the new sub and amp kits next quarter Doc. Building out my PreBee2  now- Then the Kaju- AND then it looks like it might be time for the pipette speakers after that....

Thanks all + Happy listening

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version