My Kaiju Has Arrived!

ebag4 · 12721

Online tsingle999

• We are all here because we are not all there.
Reply #60 on: June 25, 2016, 09:12:52 AM
Wow really nice system!
I like the way you fit the 10uf MR caps in.
Nice job on both the amp and the speakers.

SGS iTransporter with Qobuz & Roon to Optical Rendu to BH DAC (Battery) / Wavelegth Cosecant to BeePre to 300b(ehemoths) to Jagers.
Bottlehead Stat headphone amp with Wavelength Brick DAC

Offline ebag4

• Bottlehead and GR Research, Yeah Baby!
Reply #61 on: June 27, 2016, 02:13:50 PM
Wow really nice system!
I like the way you fit the 10uf MR caps in.
Nice job on both the amp and the speakers.
Thanks T, the Clarity's couldn't have been any larger and still fit against the chassis.  I could have added a longer or additional standoff if the DC filament board actually rubbed against the caps, but the have 1/8" or so of clearance.  The DC filament board took all hum out of my system, no hum with ear against the drivers.  I am really enjoying the Elrogs.

Best,
Ed

GO CARDS!!!

Offline ebag4

• Bottlehead and GR Research, Yeah Baby!
Reply #62 on: July 10, 2016, 11:49:11 AM
A brief update, still loving the DC filament upgrade, if you are considering it just do it.  I heard no downside with it, just silence at the speaker.

The Elrogs are sounding great.  This is the tube I will be running assuming I can get them.

BTW, for those of you running digital systems, take a look at Roon. I did and I am going to stay with it.  Well organized, great additional info available regarding artist, album, influences, etc., it's integration with Tidal is outstanding, the combo puts a huge segment of the musical universe at your fingertips via a great UI.  I am really enjoying it, certainly worth a 14 day free trial.

Best,
Ed
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:57:24 AM by ebag4 »

GO CARDS!!!