Packaging the DAC?

Jim R. · 3404

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
on: November 27, 2011, 12:08:30 PM
Dan,

As much as I hate to ask yet another pre-release question about the dac, do you yet have a vision on how it will be packaged?  Meaning, will it be a metal box of some sort or more like the wood frame/metal top plate design that the other kits share?  Or possibly some sort of hybrid -- wod frame/top plate with a metal box inside?  Any idea of the final size?

Both my systems are pretty space challenged and I'm just trying to guess if a new rack for one of the systems may need to be in the future for me.

Obviously it's completely understandable if you are nowhere near this levelof product design, but if you are, it may help some of us to know what's ahead.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Yoder

Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 04:13:55 AM
I thought I read somewhere that it was going to be the BH alder case...same size as the Paramount's.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:57:46 AM
At this point the idea is to put the DAC board in a small extrusion that will mount to the underside of a standard Bottlehead style chassis panel in an Alder box. The tube circuitry would be built in the usual Bottlehead fashion. Not sure about how the power supply will be packaged, as there will be a couple of options.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 05:24:24 AM
Thanks, Dan -- sounds good.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)