Soldering of B7L and B8L.

Karmakosmik · 523

Offline Karmakosmik

on: March 08, 2019, 09:46:26 AM
Hello everyone,

I just finished soldering my kit (after letting it aside for 2 years.. eh) but I'm not sure I understand something. On page 18 of the PDF it says "Attach and solder the matching black wire end to power transformer terminal 5. At the other end of the twisted pair attach but do not solder the red wire to B8L and attach but do not solder theblack wire to B7L." so at this point I didnt solder, of course.
On the next page, we can read " At the first end attach and solder the red wire to B8U, attach and solder the black wire to B7U.", so I did solder those.
But now that i'm at the end, I realize I never soldered B8L and B7L. Was I supposed to solder them with b8U and B7U? Should I solder the lower and upper parts of B7 and B8 together?

Sorry, that's probably an obvious question but it's my first time soldering so I want to make sure if I should solder the lower and upper parts together. :)

Thank you in advance !

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 10:00:26 AM
Yes, solder all the connections on B7 and B8.  This item has been corrected in the current version of the kit.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man