wiring Dale 100K Attenuator ?

xcoolhandx · 8118

Offline mcandmar

• Not all engineers are civil
Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 03:06:54 PM
I bought the kit version once and swore never again, it was tedious and at times extremely frustrating to assemble.  The two i have bought since then were both pre assembled :)

M.McCandless

Offline PharmaCyclist

Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 03:26:07 PM
I had fears it might be that way instead of a pleasurable experience--- the assembled is only about 11.00 more as well.  I'm thinking I may forego this idea so far :)

Offline denti alligator

Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 03:28:52 PM
These can also be used in the SEX, right? I'm thinking of ordering two.

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline mcandmar

• Not all engineers are civil
Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 03:54:21 PM
I had fears it might be that way instead of a pleasurable experience--- the assembled is only about 11.00 more as well.  I'm thinking I may forego this idea so far :)

Some may find it therapeutic :)  Keep in mind all you get is a bag of 80+ resistors, a switch, and a brief page of chinglish instructions.  You have to dissemble the switch to get the resistors in and build it up in layers, working out which resistor value to place where is a bit of brain teaser, and then for the two resistor strings to ground you have to make up a metal loop and solder all the resistors to it. The end result isn't pretty. In contrast the assembled versions are extremely well made, whoever assembled mine has some serious solder slinging skills.

These can also be used in the SEX, right? I'm thinking of ordering two.

Yes, many have done so.

M.McCandless

Offline PharmaCyclist

Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 04:33:36 PM
I appreciate the info-- I will opt for the pre-assembled option.  I was wondering about the ground-wire loops as I was looking at the kit and I'm glad you cleared that up-- I was imagining that to be a hassle and was assuming they would send a nice, circular piece of wire to do it with-- doesn't sound that way! 

Offline MJS242

Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 04:45:58 PM
Thanks for the replies on this.  Got around to doing it tonight and everything went well and it sounds great.  This is a really nice, fairly inexpensive upgrade.