Bottlehead Kits > Eros Tape

Tape Eros trouble

(1/5) > >>

xcortes:
I finished my preamp on Saturday and this time I'm having some troubles that I'd like help addressing.

To go in order the first thing is that the resistance checks are not where they need to be. The first one that I'm not getting is the positions that are supposed to be 130k ohms in the manual. I'm getting 200k. From studying the schematic the only connection I see from that point to ground is a 200k resistor. The other connections are through caps. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Doc B.:
I suspect that's one of those deals where some meters will be affected by the caps charging and read a little lower, and other meters won't. If it was reading close to 0 or reading infinity I would be concerned. But 130K is pretty close to 200K and probably OK. Try swapping the test leads and see if the reading changes.

xcortes:
Yeah, that's what I thought. I did swap the test leads without changes.

So that leads to the second question. Voltages are OK (225v and 100v spot on, the other

Doc B.:
So the hum is there with the inputs shorted? Is it soft and mostly 60Hz or is it buzzy and mostly 120Hz?

xcortes:
Yes. It's there with the inputs shorted. I'd say hum and 60hz. Maybe it's time to undust my scope?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version