Bottlehead Kits > Eros Tape

Eros test issue

(1/2) > >>

KevO:
Greetings,

I have my Eros all wired and looking good, but it tests out of spec. 

When testing resistance on A4, B4 and C4 I read 620 ohms. I was very careful on these crowded C4,C5 connections and they look wired correctly per the photo.

The instructions though (pg. 49) say wire a cap from C4 to T13. The photo shows thaat cap wired to T8. I went to T8.

The caps show 1 microfarad when tested.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Kevin

Paul Joppa:
C4 looks like a misprint, all three tubes should read the same 624 ohms +/-2% at pin 4.

The mention of T13 is clearly also a misprint; 13 is the same center terminal but on the third T-strip, not the second which is adjacent to socket C.

Good call to follow the pictures when in doubt; the photographs are of the prototype which is tested and known to work correctly before the kit is released.

KevO:
Hooray!

Thank you!

I have read what was said to xcortes about 130k ohms and he read 200k ohms. Me too. So I figure that isn't an issue.

Also, whenever I test for 0 ohms, I read .2 ohms. I  hope that is OK.

I put a new battery and leads in the Fluke. Same result.

This is the most complex component I've built, and want to take this fresh experience to the next kit. A BeePre.

I'll post photos soon.

-Kevin

Grainger49:
Kevin,

Look at FAQ #6.  Each meter will read slightly differently on zero and infinite readings.

KevO:
Hi,

Another newbie question. I just did the power test. here are the results.

A Board         B Board       Goal
KREG             1.9v              1.69v           1v
BREG           96.6v              97.7v        100v
OA              157.8v            157.6v       170v
IA                221v               223v          225v
BA                    0                     0              0
OB               94.8v                96v          100v

Question: I saw no perceptible 'glow' in the EF86. But after the test, they felt a bit warm. Normal??

Thanks!

-Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version