Another Eros II finished

Omegabuzz · 1772

Offline Omegabuzz

on: September 16, 2023, 10:31:31 AM
Hi,

Last weekend I finished the build of my Eros II and it was in test (or breaking period) this week with an RIAA adapter. I used a tuner as source.

I made a mistake when I painted the top, I choose the wrong side. On my Eros II, the IEC connector is on the left. I had to adjust the length of the wiring of the transformer and how to fit the RCA connectors with an angle. For the rest, everything was the same as described in the manual the Eros II.

The other problem I had was with one small ceramic capacitor. One of the leads of one capacitor was fragile and broke. I found a replacement, the same value and by the same company, Kemet. Just in case, I bought ten.

My Eros II has the same look of my Stereomour II, top plate color and wood finish. I upgraded the 1.5uf capacitor to Mundorf Supreme Silver Gold Oil.

My turntable is a Technics SL-1200GR with an Ortofon 2M Black and my phono section was iFi Zen Phono. The Zen Phono works perfectly with the 2M Black, but the Eros II is in another league. The sound of the Zen Phono is « small » compared to the Eros II. The improvement is simply stunning.

Since the middle of the last summer, I build two Bottlehead kits and it was a great experience. The sound and the performance of the Bottlehead kits in my system are top notch and they will stay in my system.

Thanks to Bottlehead team for the great communication and after sale service.

Yves

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 12:00:50 PM
The Eros is possibly the only kit we have that can be built backwards with minimally disastrous consequences.  Having done something similar in the past, a bolt cutter can be used to trim the flange of the RCA jacks a little bit if they are hanging up on the wood base.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Thermioniclife

Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 12:36:25 PM
Looks great,enjoy.

Lee R.