DAC progress

xcortes · 57270

Offline InfernoSTi

• Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.
Reply #135 on: November 06, 2011, 03:53:55 PM
The above is Bottlehead nonsense. For most sane people audio is not a religion, must less BH stuff. I am not your enemy Doc, but I refuse to kneel and become your groupie. I will not trouble you any more. 

Please put your ego in check and look at what you are saying, JohnLL.  You can't have it both ways: you don't get first class, personal service AND get to troll on the forum.  I'll stand behind what I said and continue to invite you to see the big picture.  And not being an angry, selfish person really will make you happier.  Just stop being angry and try being constructive with something of value to add to the discussion.

Peace...

John Kessel
Hawthorne Audio AMT K2 Reference Speakers
Paramount 300B w/MQ All Nickel Iron,  Mundorf S/G 5.5 uF,  and  Vcap Teflon .1 uF
Auralic Taurus Preamp/Auralic Vega DAC/Auralic Aries Streamer
and lots of room treatments!

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #136 on: November 07, 2011, 04:54:59 AM
I am not your enemy Doc, but I refuse to kneel and become your groupie. I will not trouble you any more. 

Damn, someone told this guy what we really do at those meetings. And I even bought an extra black robe.
(https://forum.bottlehead.com/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F_kRuD6zV4Fqs%2FTF9dmQjIM8I%2FAAAAAAAAEi4%2FtPjRP2AC9QQ%2Fs400%2Fishot-1270.jpg&hash=311454251112fd42def89d99ec771319addc9edb)

Seriously, I'm sorry if you feel like you just got pig-piled. I really did try to answer your questions to the best of my ability. What the other guys said is of course their own opinion, and I think if you met me you would find I'm not looking for fanboys. The DAC is a new direction for us, and it's about the most complicated thing we've ever worked on. Like our other products I want to do one that I feel good about, and there are a lot more little details that need to be worked out than usual. That doesn't necessarily mean adding complexity and cost either. John found a way to eliminate the need for reclocking, and I am experimenting with alternatives to some rather expensive transformers we spec'd for the IV conversion. I know it causes frustration when we start to talk about a design and it takes a lot of time to get it out there - it can frustrate me too, particularly when I am often the impediment - and I understand if people feel they need to buy someone else's product to fit their time frame.

Sorry guys, I'm locking this one before it gets ugly.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.