Cruising with Yes

Natural Sound · 3468

Offline Natural Sound

on: March 10, 2013, 10:25:08 AM
Are there any other Bottleheads going on "Cruise To The Edge." Its a Caribean cruise with a progressive rock theme. Artists will include some of the biggest names of the 70's prog era. Yes, Steve Hackett (Genesis), UK, Carl Palmer and seven other bands. You can read more about it here. http://cruisetotheedge.com/   

I cant wait!

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 10:42:38 AM
Hmmm, goig to check that tout.  BTW, Close to the Edge just came out on 24/192 download and HDTracks, as well as vinyl from QRP.  And most of the Genesis catalog is now on new vinyl from QRP as well (or maybe it was another label.)

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 10:58:20 AM
Hmmm, goig to check that tout.  BTW, Close to the Edge just came out on 24/192 download and HDTracks, as well as vinyl from QRP.  And most of the Genesis catalog is now on new vinyl from QRP as well (or maybe it was another label.)

-- Jim

Better hurry, I hear that the cruise is very close to selling out.

I just picked up Close to the Edge at 24/96 from HDTracks. I'm not sure that my ears would be able to tell the difference between the 96 and 192 sampling rates. Usually the big bang for the buck happens going from 16 to 24bit.

BTW If you plan on getting it make sure to use coupon code YES15 for a 15 percent discount. That's good until March 24th.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 11:28:01 AM
Wow, it's only a couple weeks away.  No way will I be up for it physically by then.

Tangerine Dream, Nektar, and so many others from the day -- really wish I could manage it.

-- Jim

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

Offline ironbut

Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 10:09:57 AM
Wow,.. I guess the "boomers" really have taken over!
I wonder if they'll have drug sniffing dogs?

Haven't seen Yes since the first time around with "Tales from Topographic Oceans" at Ga Tech (were you at that one Grainger?).
Whoever goes should be in for a hell of a treat!

steve koto

Offline Grainger49

Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 10:38:52 AM
FINALLY!  We are in charge of something!  It is just a cruise, but that's something.

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 12:10:53 PM
Quote from: ironbut
I wonder if they'll have drug sniffing dogs?
They better not, especially after the ship stops in Jamaica.  ;)

Quote from: ironbut
Whoever goes should be in for a hell of a treat!
I went back and forth on whether or not I should spend the money on a trip like this. A week or so ago I decided, why not?

This is a treat for me. I usually don

Offline wullymc

Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 12:26:21 PM
I would absolutely love to be on this cruise but with a young family it is impossible!!!

For those going please have a lot of fun!

...Close to the edge, down by the river....

Dave
Project RPM5.1 with 2M Bronze/Graham Slee Era Gold V/Quickie with PJCSS/Paramount 1.1 300B/Woden Valiant

ODAC/Crack/DT880 600ohm

Current Project:  Beepre!!!

Offline Chris

Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 01:41:00 AM
Yes, this sounds incredible... I saw Yes at the Royal Albert Hall in London and occasionally would see Rick Wakeman strolling the streets with his cellphone in hand.. Gotta keep those fingers busy... JR, how does the QRP vinyl sound ? If you have any experience with it?

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 04:09:52 AM
Not THATS a cruise I would go on!

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 06:46:23 AM
Hi Chris,

No, haven't bought the LP yet -- but I'm sure I will soon, though I'll probabaly get the download first.

I do have Fragile on re-issue LP but have not got my TT setup yet -- very soon though.

-- Jim

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 08:34:37 AM
sorry I meant to say "Now thats a cruise" - cant type. Along with other things...

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline Chris

Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 10:59:35 AM
Haha Wax, dont worry , we got your gmorangie induced misspelling... :)  (u know we luv ya)   And thank you JR for your reply, i was just going to say now, that i am sorry to ask before i did my own search (dont want to waste your time with banal omong kosong) .. I just did an extensive look at QPR and , wow , thank you, for the heads up, they most defintely sound like MY vinyl "go to" for ULTRA special releases of my desert island discs......  in the final words of one of my favorite comedy movies of all time delivered by the (can be) extremely hilarious Ryan Reynolds... This Forum "IS THE S*** !!!!"   sorry........ I would LOVE an Alaskan cruise with ALL of my Bottlehead Bros (and 1 sis,  Deb K)...would be a real cool experience... Forget about the ridiculous band YES, we ALREADY have THE DOC on guitar,  PAUL B on drums, Fullheadofnothing on bass and our VERY OWN SIR JOPPA on vocals!!!...... with Wax, 4krow and the Grainge in charge of the libations... could be the best cruise ever...... wadyaallthink?....
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:46:06 AM by Chris »

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 03:58:34 AM
Oh for the love of jesus, that could be dangerous!

Eric

Offline Chris

Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 08:41:17 AM
Hahahaha...... It probably would be..haha  and definitely kidding about YES.. they are absolutely NOT a "ridiculous" band...