Did I miss something here?

willspeed · 2001

Offline willspeed

• Tropically Twisted
on: November 18, 2010, 01:18:06 PM
Hey guys, received my amp yesterday (right on my birthday, awesome timing, Eileen!).

I don't know if I'm reading right, but here goes:

P. 25 (Headphone jack wiring) reads in what you could call step 5 on the right channel: "Attach the 2nd wire of the pair to the middle terminal of the headphone jack on the volume pot side, and solder."

This repeats for the left channel.

P.26 (Binding Post wiring) reads "Attach one wire to the bottom terminal of the headphone jack closest to the volume pot. Do not solder."

I'm confused. Didn't I just solder the connections on the headphone jack as per p.25? Pull out the desoldering tool?

Thanks in advance,

Will

Will G.

S.E.X. w/C4S driving SEXy speakers
Seduction w/C4S
Quickie 1.1/ PJCCS
Rega Planar 2 / R200 Tonearm / Ortofon 2M Red / RB250 Tonearm / Ortofon 2M Blue
Tode / Taylor 110 / Taylor 214ce / 94 Tele Tex-Mex Special / Home-hacked Squire Strat / 86 Guild F46NT / Which one next?

Offline JC

Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 03:11:22 PM
I'm not quite sure what you're asking.  In one case, you're referring to the middle terminal of the headphone jack, in the other the bottom terminal of the headphone jack.  IIRC, it is the bottom terminal of the headphone jack that is "ground", and would have the most wires connected to it before soldering.  If a subsequent step instructs you to attach another wire to that terminal, hopefully you have not yet soldered it.  Otherwise, it will indeed be time for some de-soldering.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 03:18:23 PM by JC »

Jim C.

Offline willspeed

• Tropically Twisted
Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 04:01:46 PM
Yeah, I had soldered it already, as per the steps on page 25.

Thankfully I have my desoldering tool, I just fixed it.

Thanks for the response!

Will G.

S.E.X. w/C4S driving SEXy speakers
Seduction w/C4S
Quickie 1.1/ PJCCS
Rega Planar 2 / R200 Tonearm / Ortofon 2M Red / RB250 Tonearm / Ortofon 2M Blue
Tode / Taylor 110 / Taylor 214ce / 94 Tele Tex-Mex Special / Home-hacked Squire Strat / 86 Guild F46NT / Which one next?

Offline JC

Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 04:54:23 PM
OK, good, nice recovery!

Jim C.