Anybody know how to contact 2 bald guys audio?

Jim R. · 2575

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
on: March 15, 2011, 05:39:16 AM
It appears that Kent and Harry's web site is no longer active.  Are they still in business, and if so, does anybody have direct contact info for them?

I and a friend are trying to find some of the merrill DCA4 drivers for zigmahornets.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Lee Hankins

Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 08:50:47 AM
Jim, diyparadise sells the DCA4 and an upgraded DCA5.5.

Lee Hankins
"End of the Road"
Homer, Alaska

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 09:01:25 AM
Hi Lee,

Ok, didn't know that.  Appreciate the info.

-- Jim

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

Offline bainjs

Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 02:37:24 PM
I hope you can the two bald guys or someone else handling them.  diyparadise is 4 times the price I paid for mine a couple of years ago from 2 guys. Seems like I paid $60 for a pair of DC4s.  I hope you can find some.  My Ziggys work great with Bottlehead gear.

Joel

Joel Bain

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 02:47:21 PM
Joel,

I already have a pair of my own and they are ones I got from Kent and Harry.  This is for a friend who wants to build a pair.  Though if I can get another pair at a reasonable price, I will.  The idea of a bipolar zigmahornet keeps popping into my head and someday I'd like to try it.

-- Jim

Offline tbbenton

Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 03:35:24 PM
the pair I bought from Kent Layden (he hand delivered them!) cost $75 two years ago - I think he was working his way through a garage full of them.  But I only emailed to his twobaldguysaudio.com email address.  You might be able to look him up, he was in the Cedar Hills area near Portland, OR. 

Tom Benton