Bottlehead Kits > Seduction

Seduction transformer mounting

<< < (3/3)

Modmad:
P.S. - Took a look at your grommet fix, Voltsec. Yes, that will work for isolation, but not as good for securing the trans against the mechanical problem, or vibration isolation. I considered doing it that way for less work, but the way I settled on only took a few extra minutes and is more effective as the Sorbo is more effective an absorber than the harder rubber of the grommets, which cannot give the wider-stanced support of strips the width of the trans base, either. I always go for as many concurrent gains as possible out of each move.

No problem in my case with the trans grounding - I just moved the existing star-washered ground lug to the right place in contact with the trans mounting "ear". You could have added one like that yourself (+ washer to protect the grommet) - much easier than trying to solder to steel! The sharp teeth of the starring cut into the steel and make the contact for you.

Modmad

Doc B.:
I guess I should explain that I was being sarcastic. Your initial post was pretty superior in its tone, and I thought that was rather obnoxious. But I try to be more diplomatic than to say so, in the hopes that the guy will get it. I do appreciate your clarification here, and I'm cool.

saildoctor:
I've got my seduction PT-1 mounted on the screw on nylon standoffs that came with the kit - zero microphonics the way my system is set up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version