Bottlehead Kits > Eros Tape

Resistance values

<< < (2/2)

PS2500:
Finished the terminal resistances and the pin resistances for A, B, and C tubes. All the resistances within my meter's capability checked out. I have a new meter on the way so that I can check the 5.2M ohm readings and the infinity for C4 before going on to the voltages.

All very encouraging so far.

PS2500:
I ran the voltage checks today. Local mains voltage is 100 @ 50Hz, so I used a transformer to step up to 110V for the tests. I will recheck with 100V in a week or so to see what happens without stepping up. If I do need to step up for the Eros in general use, I'd have to get a much smaller transformer: the one I have is large and has too much fan noise for use with audio equipment.

Everything read much as specified on the left and right boards. The largest difference was OA, which read 150 (instead of the spec. 170) on both boards. Interpreting from the intro to voltage testing in the manual, I am guessing that is still acceptable.

It'll be a few weeks before I actually hear this amp, despite my impatience, as I'll have to move on to the wiring modification from the tape heads. I'll probably do it with a Technics RS1500. That machine will ultimately need recapping and calibration, yet another project for this year (and inevitably, delayed by several years already), but it seems to perform rather well as it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version