Eros, Finally!

xcortes · 2523

Offline xcortes

on: August 04, 2011, 05:06:36 AM
The Eros phono kit has been sitting for two years on my shelves. During that time I built one tape version that I had some troubles with and never really tested adequately (it's now doing a very good job at a friend's house). I also spent some time trying to design an alternate build in a FPE express case. And I procrastinated a lot. But a few months ago I started building it. Yes it took some months of slow building a few hours here and there. To be fair I never felt the urge to finish it since I have a nice Seduction that had always been a fantastic phono stage to me.

And yesterday it sang. I didn't need more than a few seconds to confirm what everybody knows. The Eros wipes the floor with the Seduction. There's more of everything. More musicality, more silence, more punchiness, more detail and more air.

I can't believe I voluntarily restricted myself from this for two years!

I'm using some premium tubes and boutique caps but the same applies to the Seduction.

Congrats on this kit. You keep raising the bar!

Xavier Cortes

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 05:12:30 AM
Xavier,

I'm laughing out loud.  I know the revelation you had, I did too when Paully loaned me his for a long weekend.  I'm going to start drawing retirement benefits soon and the Eros will be my first purchase.

I haven't gotten over the step up from my well loved Seduction to the Eros but with no income I haven't been able to get the kit.  Soon!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 08:40:24 AM by Grainger49 »

Offline levlhed

Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 06:36:04 AM
ugh...I'm *dyin* to get mine...UPS says Tuesday

Technics SL-1200 "MKE" ~> DL103r w/Ruby Cantilever & Contact Line Stylus ~> Audioquest PT-9 ~> Bobs Devices Cinemag SUT ~> Vista Audio PHOHO-1+ ACLE ~> Bottlehead Crack w. Speedball ~> Beyerdynamic T1

Offline John Roman

Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 09:04:29 AM
Procrastination is the mother of invention or did I mess that up? Well at least you "got er done"
John

Regards,
John
Extended Foreplay 3 / 300B Paramount's / BassZilla open baffle/ Music Streamer 2 / Lenovo Y560-Win7-JRMC & JPlay

Offline levlhed

Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 01:59:28 PM
Got mine today. woot
Still evaluating.  No complaints thus far though...

Technics SL-1200 "MKE" ~> DL103r w/Ruby Cantilever & Contact Line Stylus ~> Audioquest PT-9 ~> Bobs Devices Cinemag SUT ~> Vista Audio PHOHO-1+ ACLE ~> Bottlehead Crack w. Speedball ~> Beyerdynamic T1