Why should I change???

shelby1420 · 3359

Offline shelby1420

on: June 21, 2011, 09:55:24 AM
Hey all, I have been flippin and floppin on this for months now....................  I have the Seduction in my system and really enjoy it, my rig is Vinyl ONLY with Paramounts ( 2A3 )  and Cornscala's for speakers.  I have been thinking of "upgrading" to Eros but am not totally convinced on it yet............... Many times I have"upgraded" to find that to my ears it was not an upgrade at all but more a knee jerk reaction to "improving" my system............. Sooooooooooo, why should I change from the Seduction to Eros???

Enjoying the music

Rick

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:38:31 AM
For me the Eros is more natural sounding and more quiet. For what it's worth the level of sophistication of the Eros circuit is closer to the Paramount than the Seduction circuit is. So theoretically at least the Eros may be a little better sonic match.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline shelby1420

Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 11:07:29 AM
Makes sense to me Doc, anyone else??

Enjoying the music

Rick

Offline Grainger49

Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 11:32:05 AM
I have heard both in my system back back soon after Eros was released.  Doc even used my mini-review post on the Eros product page and in an eBay auction.  If you have a Dual table and a Shure V15 III you will benefit.  Better equipment will benefit even more.

Do it!  Don't hesitate, don't look back!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:12:19 AM by Grainger49 »

Offline shelby1420

Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 12:58:31 PM
I have heard both in my system back when Eros was released.  Doc even used my post on the Eros product page and in an eBay auction.  If you have a Dual table and a Shure V15 III you will benefit.  Better equipment will benefit even more.

Do it!  Don't hesitate, don't look back!

No Dual here Grainger....... I am using a Pro-ject RPM 10 with a Benz Glider "S" and a Denon AU-300LC sut
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:11:34 AM by shelby1420 »

Enjoying the music

Rick

Offline Bryon

Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 02:07:50 PM
I had the Seduction in my system for years and was very happy with it.  I decided I had to build the Eros [itchy soldering finger] and was ecstatic with the results.  I remember noticing how quiet it was in comparison, how musical it was and how the sound stage and range improved.

Of course this is subjective and your mileage may vary, but I have never regretted the choice.  If I were you, I'd jump in with both feet.

Bryon

Offline ssssly

Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 03:05:48 PM
Do you have anybody near you that could demo an eros for you?

I doubt that you will be disappointed but can't hurt to try it out first.

I myself went straight to the Eros so I can not offer a comparison but I can tell you that it sounds great.

Offline shelby1420

Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 01:27:38 AM
Do you have anybody near you that could demo an eros for you?

I doubt that you will be disappointed but can't hurt to try it out first.

I myself went straight to the Eros so I can not offer a comparison but I can tell you that it sounds great.

Unfortunately I can think of no one close to me so as to have a listen.  Pretty darn sure I will buy one, waiting for the Postal workers to be let back into  work( 48,000 across Canada ) have been locked out by Management............ thanks to all who responded!!

Enjoying the music

Rick