Power on and off observation

Thoburn · 2363

Offline Thoburn

on: November 08, 2010, 02:00:12 PM
Hi all,

I have noticed that when I turn on my Stereomour I get the normal startup noise, but it always goes silent in the right channel about half a second before the left. And, when powering down, the right chanel goes silent about half a second before the right. I don't think it is a problem, but it is a little odd. Anyone have an idea why that would be.

Dynavector DV-20X2L > VPI Scout II > Musical Surroundings NovaPhonomena
Mac Mini > USB DACiTx
Stereomour > Lowther Medallion DX4 and Rythmic Subs
Monster Power HTS3600

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 12:21:28 AM
That would probably be the difference in the two tubes.  Try swapping the 2A3s from left to right and see if it does the opposite.

I have a brief hum from both of my Paramours but don't pay attention to it any more.

Offline shelby1420

Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 07:34:32 AM
Hi all,

I have noticed that when I turn on my Stereomour I get the normal startup noise, but it always goes silent in the right channel about half a second before the left. And, when powering down, the right chanel goes silent about half a second before the right. I don't think it is a problem, but it is a little odd. Anyone have an idea why that would be.

Your start up observations are identical to mine, however the shut down of  mine is silent.

Enjoying the music

Rick

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 04:29:31 PM
Don't worry,

Its the nature of tubes. They take time to start up and that time is not measured to the half second...John

John S.