Quickie 1.1 Voltage Issue [solved]

wullymc · 3776

Offline Grainger49

Reply #15 on: July 07, 2013, 11:56:07 PM
Dave,

You almost certainly have a loose/marginal solder joint.  You should put it up for a few days.  Clear your head and come back refreshed.  Too often we get to a point where we can't see the forest for the trees.

When you come back touch up all the power supply solder joints and try the chop stick test.

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 12:28:26 PM
Another possibility is a wire that is broken under the insulation, probably when it was stripped. You should be able to pull gently but firmly on each wire but check the solder joints first...John   

John S.

Offline wullymc

Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 10:59:48 AM
Hey guys,

Went back to the Quickie today.

I noticed that one of the ground connections solder wasn't a good one.  Resoldered that joint and all the input rca jacks.

Test voltages...ok.

I tried it and I am getting sound.  The right channel comes in and out.  I tried tapping the Selector switch on the button.  This seems to affect it.  Also, when I adjust the volume the right channel goes.  Tapping on the selector button brings back the right channel.

Seems to me I should now look at the solder connections between the selector and the right input on the attenuator....slowly getting there!

Thanks for your suggestions and help!...Dave

Dave
Project RPM5.1 with 2M Bronze/Graham Slee Era Gold V/Quickie with PJCSS/Paramount 1.1 300B/Woden Valiant

ODAC/Crack/DT880 600ohm

Current Project:  Beepre!!!

Offline wullymc

Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 04:14:53 PM
Thanks everyone for your help

I was able to getting the quickie working.  The final piece was a blotched solder joint at the selector switch.  Resoldered and I was off to the races.

Thanks again.  I think that is it for my Quickie..next stop upgrading my crack

Dave
Project RPM5.1 with 2M Bronze/Graham Slee Era Gold V/Quickie with PJCSS/Paramount 1.1 300B/Woden Valiant

ODAC/Crack/DT880 600ohm

Current Project:  Beepre!!!

4krow

Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 05:28:46 PM
  Many years ago, i had a trouble ticket for a lawyer. Tkt said No dial tone on any lines, any phones. It was summer, and when I asked the beautiful secretary where the phone system was mounted, 'it's right behind my desk', said she. Then I asked, what happened to the extension cord for this little system. "I used it for my desk fan." Case closed. Pun intended.

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 04:32:56 PM
  Many years ago, i had a trouble ticket for a lawyer. Tkt said No dial tone on any lines, any phones. It was summer, and when I asked the beautiful secretary where the phone system was mounted, 'it's right behind my desk', said she. Then I asked, what happened to the extension cord for this little system. "I used it for my desk fan." Case closed. Pun intended.

So, did ya fuck her?

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

4krow

Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 05:58:30 PM
In a manner of speaking, yes. I billed her $85. You can use yer imagination if ya want.