2nd set of inputs on crack?

martinman · 423

Offline martinman

on: August 28, 2020, 03:10:51 AM
I have both a HiFiBerry DAC and Technics 1200 (+ puffin phono stage) that i'd like to run though the Crack w/o having to swap interconnects.  Is it advisable to add a 2nd set of inputs to the Crack?  Or should I just use an RCA splitter? 

Offline oguinn

Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 03:25:15 AM
Something like a Schiit SYS is cheap and easy to put in the chain, and it keeps you from having to add more inputs, holes, and a switch into the Crack itself. I also built an input switch that is separate from the Crack and that was pretty easy to do

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline martinman

Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 05:34:56 AM
Ah nice, thanks! 

But how would the multiple volume pots play into the signal chain? 
HiFiBerry (volume)
SYS (volume)
crack (volume)

do I just set the first 2 to max and control via the Crack pot  (heh...)? 

Offline oguinn

Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 05:56:55 AM
That’s what I do. You could set things slightly under 100% or whatever works for you, but just control the volume with the Crack

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline Laudanum

Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 11:43:57 AM
I have a Schiit SYS but use it a little differently.   I have it set up so I can run a DAP either through a Foreplay preamp then into a hybrid headphone amp or directly into the hybrid headphone amp.  At any rate,  I leave the volume up all the way on the SYS.   It's totally transparent (to my ears anyway).   

Desmond G.