Speedball Resistors

InfinityTotality · 350

Offline InfinityTotality

on: August 28, 2020, 05:50:11 PM
So I have a super old Speedball kit that I'm finally looking at putting together, and it looks like I might be missing some resistors. The bag that included all the parts for it was still sealed and had exactly 6 resistors: 4 big 22.1k ones and the 2 150k ones. No other ones in the bag, however I somehow have some extras in the Crack kit: 2 Dale CMF55 in 2k, 2 Dale CMF55 in 2.2k, and 2 Dale CMF60 in 330. Could these somehow be intended as replacements for the 31.6 and 237 ohm resistors? Or do they fit into the Crack kit somehow? I seem to have all the components from the parts list for that.

Joshua Timmer

Online Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 06:27:19 PM
No, those are not suitable replacements.  You need 31.6 ohm resistors and 237 ohm resistors.  You could get in touch with replacementparts(at)bottlehead(dot)com for getting resistors.  If the kit is that old, another option would be to order a fresh pack of LEDs and leave a note asking to throw in the resistors.  The LEDs absorb moisture over time and when you go to solder them after they have been sitting for some years, they can occasionally fail during installation.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline InfinityTotality

Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 06:38:55 PM
Alright, thanks, I'll look into that. Any idea where these 6 extra resistors could have come from?

Joshua Timmer

Online Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 06:40:31 PM
Those are not parts from our inventory.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man