Starting a mainline build...

Mike Ross · 3023

Offline Mike Ross

on: March 04, 2014, 10:57:25 AM
My kit just arrived! I'm excited to jump in. I had the top plate power coated and was wondering; apart from a grounding tab, do I need to be concerned about mounting anything on top of the power coating? I'm assuming that as long as the ground tab is touching bare metal I'm good.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 11:21:37 AM
If your powder coating is not on the underside then it will be fine.  You need the top plate as a ground plane. 

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 11:52:16 AM
My kit just arrived! I'm excited to jump in. I had the top plate power coated and was wondering; apart from a grounding tab, do I need to be concerned about mounting anything on top of the power coating? I'm assuming that as long as the ground tab is touching bare metal I'm good.

Thanks in advance!

There are shields on a lot of the wiring that will ground to solder tabs that must make metal-to-metal contact with the chassis plate.

Also, the center lug of the 3-lug switch  terminal strip is the connection between the chassis and the signal ground.  This must make good contact with the plate also, so it may be a good idea to scrape some of the powder off where the aluminum standoffs touch the chassis plate.

-PB

Edited by Josh to correct "switch" for "terminal strip"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:08:54 PM by fullheadofnothing »

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Mike Ross

Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 02:19:41 PM
Thanks gang. Could someone do me a favor and email me a copy of the mainline manual? I don't a CD/DVD reader at home and I'd like to get started tonight.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 03:50:28 PM
Thanks gang. Could someone do me a favor and email me a copy of the mainline manual? I don't a CD/DVD reader at home and I'd like to get started tonight.

Though it's not well enforced, technically we would like everyone to at least have their first name and last initial in their signature.  In this instance, we would be able to find you on the order list pretty quickly and get you a download link.

-PB

(You could also PM me your e-mail addy)

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 04:47:43 PM
I already took care of it.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Mike Ross

Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 04:00:32 PM
Received my missing parts and finished up my build - sounds fantastic! I only have a few hours in, but love the detail, dynamics and body. I'm driving a pair of T90's. I'll post some pictures once my custom base is completed.