RCA Inputs - Do I need to wire-up all 3 sets?

crooner12 · 1388

Offline crooner12

• My YouTube Channel
on: December 11, 2012, 05:51:57 AM
I had to take some time off from this kit, but now getting back into the swing of things before the holidays set in. One thing I can't seem to find on the forum is if I am required to wire-up all 3 RCA inputs. I'll only ever need one RCA input and in the interest of time, I'd rather just do one and keep the wiring to a minimum - less chance for something to go wrong...

Will only wiring one RCA negatively impact the amp or alter some important voltage/resistance/etc value when it comes time to measure. Was the amp designed for all 3 to be wired-up or is it flexible for those who want to change things up?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark
Current projects: Stereomour

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 06:14:51 AM
Mark,

Your fine with wiring up one input and if that's the case you can also leave the selector switch out of the equation for an even cleaner signal path.

HTH,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline crooner12

• My YouTube Channel
Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 12:50:55 PM
Jim,

If I don't wire up the input selector switch, what do I connect the RCA inputs to?

Mark
Current projects: Stereomour

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 02:50:36 PM
Mark,

Just connect them directly to the volume pot.  I don't have my manual handy so I can't tell you exactly which wires go to which tabs on the pot, but you want to keep the signal plus going to the same tab on the pot as the common wire for the positive terminals for each channel that would have come from the switch, and of course on both left and right respectively.  This is one of those places where a diagram would be helpful, but unfortunately I can't draw one for you.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)