make my life easier.....

proud indian · 7511

Offline Grainger49

Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 08:18:08 AM
(https://forum.bottlehead.com/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi244.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fgg7%2FGrainger49%2FTipHat.gif&hash=8d9451d9e631ca52b49767759d52d7df6cfd3320)

Thanks!

4krow

Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 02:03:12 PM
I am much less worried about wire, cable, and electrons holding hands and smiling. There ARE differences, and the biggest one for me now is dealing with what I know is a bit of hearing loss. In spite of that however, this hobby remains my mainstay, and for any mods that I make to other people's equipment is now intended for their pleasure and to further this great interest of all things audio. My hearing, for most of my life, has been fascinating, almost miraculous to me. The fact that I have lost even a little bit still gives me the satisfaction of all the successful 'experiments' of the past.

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 07:42:03 PM
I am much less worried about wire, cable, and electrons holding hands and smiling. There ARE differences, and the biggest one for me now is dealing with what I know is a bit of hearing loss.

Yep - having the near constant ringing in the ears now. It doesnt bother me. I take it easy on the db's most of the time. Stay away from the head phones/ear buds. What are you going to do? At least I'm not Areosmith. I mean crap, those guys are cranking it most of the time, and they still can hear!

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline proud indian

Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 09:14:04 PM
I get that ringing now and then. But then since I feel that the system needs improvement, and can sound better, I guess it does not matter  ;D

shreekant

system 1. oppo, quickie,SEX 2.1 ( V cap), Decware DFR8 in ZOB cabs
System 2. Tascam cd200, Terra Dac,Zbox,Decware Zen amp(V cap) Lowther PM6A in Acousta horns.
Maple rack, Brass footers,Power conditioner, dedicated treated room, iso pads, plenty of tubes. All cables DIY.

4krow

Reply #34 on: November 04, 2012, 06:28:02 AM
Aerosmith...god, one of my favorite bands. Started listening in high school, and still, they rock. After that, it's time for Copland.