Valve substitution handbook

Guest · 2434

AG

on: September 13, 2023, 02:22:54 PM
Hi to all
Here is a link for a helpful handbook.
https://worldradiohistory.com/BOOKSHELF-ARH/Technology/Sams-Books/Sams-Tube-Substitution-Handbook-Volume-4-1962.pdf

I am new in all this....

Cheers from Fla.

Andre.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 08:27:29 AM
Speaking of this -

part of our five year retirement plan is to move the business back into the house from it's current location. This means some downsizing will be necessary and I will be offering up a lot of things for sale over the next year or so. Along with some gear and media this includes a somewhat extensive tube electronics library that I have accumulated over 30 years. If there is some interest I will post a list on the forum before I take it to ebay. Lots of tube manuals, RCA GE Sylvania etc., tube electronics texts like Radiotron, Valley and Wallman, Audio Cyclopedia, magazines like early Audio, some obscure European and Japanese pubs from the 90s, etc.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline oguinn

Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 10:47:59 AM
Speaking of this -

part of our five year retirement plan is to move the business back into the house from it's current location. This means some downsizing will be necessary and I will be offering up a lot of things for sale over the next year or so. Along with some gear and media this includes a somewhat extensive tube electronics library that I have accumulated over 30 years. If there is some interest I will post a list on the forum before I take it to ebay. Lots of tube manuals, RCA GE Sylvania etc., tube electronics texts like Radiotron, Valley and Wallman, Audio Cyclopedia, magazines like early Audio, some obscure European and Japanese pubs from the 90s, etc.

Definitely interested, although a retirement plan makes me sad (for me, happy for you).

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline Bateman147

Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 11:30:19 AM
I could probably soak up a few books as well, and possibly some gear if you off something that strikes my fancy...  😁. I'll bet you can unload a fair bit here before needing to go eBay.

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 08:07:34 PM
I have always been a sucker for your junk over the years 😎...John

John S.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 04:41:58 AM
I'll take this over to the special deals board. I have other stuff besides books. Been going thru a pile of old Mac minis and figuring out what still works the past few evenings, and there's a lot more stuff to start thinning too.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.