My first Crack build, show off time.

PZAPRTY · 1343

Offline PZAPRTY

on: February 09, 2014, 01:06:31 PM
Just finished my build!   8)

It was my first time doing much of anything with electronics as well as soldering, so it's certainly not the cleanest.

The supplied 6080 tube turned out to be bad which drove me crazy for a few days but other than that all went smoothly. With the great instructions plus the knowledge on this forum, I can't rave enough about how well documented the process is.

http://imgur.com/a/hqLBi [nofollow]

Offline wolfetan44

Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 01:19:06 PM
Just finished my build!   8)

It was my first time doing much of anything with electronics as well as soldering, so it's certainly not the cleanest.

The supplied 6080 tube turned out to be bad which drove me crazy for a few days but other than that all went smoothly. With the great instructions plus the knowledge on this forum, I can't rave enough about how well documented the process is.

http://imgur.com/a/hqLBi
Was it easy?

Offline PZAPRTY

Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 01:23:08 PM
I think as long as you take your time and make sure to follow the instructions you'd have no problem. Like I said, before this I had no experience. All I did was watch a few youtube videos to learn how to solder properly and I didn't really have any trouble.

I've also never done any wood staining before and I thought I messed the box up... twice. But it ended up turning out exactly how I wanted it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 01:27:17 PM by PZAPRTY »

Offline mcandmar

• Not all engineers are civil
Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 01:35:59 PM
Those 6AS7G tubes are so cool looking 8)

Nice work on the build!

M.McCandless

Offline JamieMcC

Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 11:06:22 PM
Nice job your point to pointing is really neat work.

Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!