Speedball Assembly

sonic2911 · 1169

Offline sonic2911

on: November 29, 2018, 01:33:08 PM
I have a couple question about speedball assembly. I finished my crack 1.1 perfectly, I also have the speedball part to upgrade but when I read the manual, I mean the speedball's manual, the picture of the crack in there is different with the one in crack 1.1 manual. So I have to assemble it again follow the speedball's manual? or?
Also where can I get more wire for speedball upgrade? I used all the wires come with the kits.
Thanks

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 04:27:40 PM
I mean the speedball's manual, the picture of the crack in there is different with the one in crack 1.1 manual.
The differences between the Crack in the Speedball manual and the Crack 1.1 manual are primarily the universal power transformer.  The instructions for installing the Speedball only require removing parts and installing boards that connect to terminals 1-10, which are the same between Crack 1.0 and Crack 1.1.
So I have to assemble it again follow the speedball's manual? or?
No, you need to follow the instructions in the manual.  There is no instruction in the manual for reassembling the kit.
Also where can I get more wire for speedball upgrade? I used all the wires come with the kits.
A fair amount of extra wire is provided with the kit, was there an issue that required additional wire?  This may come into play when installing the Speedball.  Extra wire can be requested from replacementparts(at)bottlehead(dot)com.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline sonic2911

Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 05:06:12 AM
Oh I see. Actually I have no more wires left, here is my crack 1.1:

imgur (dot) com/a/mNGB73g

So are the extra wires free or I have to pay for them?

Thanks

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 05:09:46 AM
There should be a small coil of red, white, and black wire with the Speedball kit that is slightly different wire than provided with the Crack.

I had thought that perhaps you used this wire in the assembly of your stock Crack, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  (It looks nice BTW)

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline sonic2911

Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 05:12:56 AM
So can I have extra wires for the speedball assembly?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 05:35:30 AM
You can e-mail replacementparts(at)bottlehead(dot)com if the wire bag in your Speedball kit is missing.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline dotashope

Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 11:40:26 AM
Hi sorry to revive this thread, I'm looking at the speedball manual and have the same question as well. The wiring on the transformer is not remotely close to the finished crack. Is that just an outdated picture from what you guys said?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 04:58:20 PM
Yes, that's a picture of a Crack 1.0. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline dotashope

Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 11:34:47 AM
Aight thanks for the clarification :D