Waiting for the price of that pricey cap/wire/whatever to come down?

Downhome Upstate · 11491

Offline tsingle999

• We are all here because we are not all there.
I finally got around to replacing the stock binding posts with nice brass colored cardas ones. I can really notice any sound changes. Maybe a bit but I'm guessing if i was blinded. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference...but the look suits the amp better.

SGS iTransporter with Qobuz & Roon to Optical Rendu to BH DAC (Battery) / Wavelegth Cosecant to BeePre to 300b(ehemoths) to Jagers.
Bottlehead Stat headphone amp with Wavelength Brick DAC

Offline Grainger49

I bought a pair of Sonicap Gen 1s and a pair of (larger valuable) Silver/Gold/Oil for my Foreplay.  I have Mundorf Mundorf (?/?/?) for my Paramour interstage and Clarity for my Paramour Parafeed. 

So... I have some cap rolling to do after Sept 1.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 12:11:42 AM by Grainger49 »

4krow

Gotta say that I am the same way. I like the heavy duty stuff when it comes to binding posts and AC inlets. Not that I want to torque down on them, but just a great connection without question. And yah, they do look good too.

Offline earwaxxer

Hey Granger you should rig up something like Jimmy did. We need a resident Bottlehead caphead to balance things out!

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline Grainger49

I feel sure that I will burn in the caps on my Eagle downstairs then use alligator clips to swap hot between the caps I'm comparing like I did with the Eros.  It takes several swaps back and fourth to solidify my decision.

Then out comes the solder and I try to stay happy for a year or two.