USB cable broken

RayP · 3436

Offline RayP

on: February 02, 2013, 03:32:05 AM
My ODac suddenly stopped working. It turned out that the USB cable was the problem so remember to check this cable as well if there is no sound.

One question. Is there really difference in USB cables?

ray

Ray Perry

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 05:53:33 AM
Hey Ray - That is the question of the 21st century - The short answer, is 'most definitely', the long answer is, it shouldnt, and with current progress in USB audio application, perhaps, one day it will not. Its one of those things that us crazyphiles watch with bated breath. I think we will get there. From my experience with recent DACs it appears we are very close to parity on the differences with SPDIF digital inputs. --- Stay tuned!

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline proud indian

Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 04:21:21 AM
Hey you are an audiophile, it HAS to make a difference, and in case you disagree, then being an audiophile, you have to check it out and confirm!!!

shreekant ;D ;D

system 1. oppo, quickie,SEX 2.1 ( V cap), Decware DFR8 in ZOB cabs
System 2. Tascam cd200, Terra Dac,Zbox,Decware Zen amp(V cap) Lowther PM6A in Acousta horns.
Maple rack, Brass footers,Power conditioner, dedicated treated room, iso pads, plenty of tubes. All cables DIY.

Offline denti alligator

Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 04:34:19 AM
zeroes and ones

either they all get there or they don't

in your case they didn't, which is why it stopped worked.

again: either it works or it doesn't. I can't see how there could be an in between, as is the case with analog. I'd like to see one double-blind test proving me wrong. 

[flame suit ready]

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline rif

Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 08:35:04 AM
It could also have been a loose connection which would make it work fine sometimes, not at all other times, and intermittently just to cause headaches. I had that problem with an HDMI cable/connection.

-david