I was told to do so......

Sektor7G · 1343

Offline Sektor7G

on: August 13, 2016, 12:50:36 PM
Hello everyone, The "About Ordering" link suggested that if I was getting fidgety about receiving my new Crack kit order then, I should participate on the forum........ I feel better already. But seriously, my wife got me a Bottlehead Crack kit last Wednesday as an early b-day gift and I can't wait to get it and start building. I have been lurking around for a while on these forums reading up un suggested building tips and ideas. I am happy to be part of the Bottlehead brotherhood and I look forward to all the fun I will have rediscovering my music collection. This kit will be an upgrade to a "chi-fi" Little bear P8 kit I purchased to get me introduced in the hobby. I own a pair of Sony MDR 650 that I have owned for many years of my live audio engineering career. I Also purchased a used set of Sennheiser 650 from a guy on eBay about 4 months ago.  I look forward to post some awesome pics of my build pretty soon (I hope). In the mean time here are some pics of some headphone cables I built a few weeks ago, enjoy.

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 01:44:15 PM
(https://frinkiac.com/meme/S08E23/158624.jpg?b64lines=)

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Sektor7G

Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 02:46:09 PM
^^^^ If Grimey was still around I would ask him to help me build my kit. He knows how to work with electrical circuits as you can see from the pic below.

Offline Sektor7G

Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 03:53:52 PM
Just got THE email, I got Crack coming my way via USPS!

Offline MD1200

Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 05:07:26 AM
Nice cables my man,wish i was patient enough to do cables.

Offline Sektor7G

Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 06:48:58 AM
Nice cables my man,wish i was patient enough to do cables.

Thank you sir, the building is more like therapy than anything else. Back in the day when I worked in a production house I use to get a lot of downtime (during shows) so I use to spend countless hours bulding XLR, DMX, and other data cables. It was a great way to keep the production manager off my case.  :-\

Offline MD1200

Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 03:14:50 AM
Your experience sure does show, i find soldering relaxes me, just the fun of putting something together and watching it come to life is an experience i wouldn't trade for anything

Offline Sektor7G

Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 12:22:46 PM
Your experience sure does show, i find soldering relaxes me, just the fun of putting something together and watching it come to life is an experience i wouldn't trade for anything

Indeed, I hope to start building the internals of my Crack by Sunday afternoon. In the mean time I did a quick check of the inventory followed by a quick sort of materials.