Another Moreplay

Rockyhill · 653

Offline Rockyhill

on: December 20, 2023, 09:28:36 AM
Recently finished my Moreplay. Had it paired with an Emotiva SS amp and the two sounded great, though I needed to add 10dB Rothwell attenuators to help with the volume control. It's now paired with my Dynakitparts ST-35. Those two really sing! (Attenuators not needed)

Rob M

Offline Larpy

Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 10:23:56 AM
Nice paint job!  That color goes well with the natural finish of the base.

What kind of paint did you use?

Larry

Offline Rockyhill

Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 10:30:05 AM
Thanks!  Base has 3 coats of clear satin varnish.

Also using Tung-Sol reissue 6V6.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 10:33:22 AM by Rockyhill »

Rob M

Offline Mikef

Reply #3 on: December 22, 2023, 04:26:20 PM
Nice Job! The chassis color really matches the base well. I'm building by Moreplay now and haven't decided if I want to paint the chassis or leave it natural.

It'll probably be paired with my VTA (Tubes4hifi) ST-35 and I'm really looking forward to hearing it.

Online AG

Reply #4 on: December 23, 2023, 11:06:34 AM
Recently finished my Moreplay. Had it paired with an Emotiva SS amp and the two sounded great, though I needed to add 10dB Rothwell attenuators to help with the volume control. It's now paired with my Dynakitparts ST-35. Those two really sing! (Attenuators not needed)

Well done. Like to shinny color you used. My volume sweet spot depend of the tubes and source. Digital is extremely strong signal so just a little is too much, but reducing the digital volume allow you to increase the MP volume, but IMO you lose quality.

AG.

“Without music life would be a mistake”

Online AG

Reply #5 on: December 23, 2023, 11:08:40 AM
Nice Job! The chassis color really matches the base well. I'm building by Moreplay now and haven't decided if I want to paint the chassis or leave it natural.

It'll probably be paired with my VTA (Tubes4hifi) ST-35 and I'm really looking forward to hearing it.

Hi
IMO pain it. it will have a one of the kind signature from you, beside the wiring. Bare aluminum tarnish at the end and will look like many other.

Andre.

“Without music life would be a mistake”