Bottlehead Kits > Bottlehead Power Cord Kit

Straight Out Of The Wall

<< < (2/4) > >>

lextek:
Dang!

Grainger49:

--- Quote from: tuffy_puppy on March 10, 2012, 03:29:49 PM ---yessir,  i have two,  one for the sex amp and one for the extended foreplay, and they are better sounding than the two ps audio statement cords i had bought (used) on audiogon.  wonderful stuff!!  don

--- End quote ---

Now you are going to make me buy more.  I'll need one to feed the P300 that feeds my system.

howardnair:
someone gave me a expensive name brand power station-so i opened it up-inside we find-a potted choke-i could not open that without damaging it--doing some measuring and math-it appears to be about 29 henrys so make that 30 henrys--this is across a pair of hospital grade outlets or hubbards or something along those lines-across the ac line is a  flat safety cap-i did not open the heat shrink that covered it-so making some  assumptions
a hammond 195P10 choke [30 henrys 10 amps ] $92.97 --a pair of hospital grade outlets $13.00 each-a safety cap $2.00 ???
a switch and a light to let you know it is on $10.00-a enclosure $30 to $50-lets say $175 for easy math
what i have is about $1200.00-i have not used this unit yet- it is not needed here at the moment-i am not really certain what running ac through a choke will do or is supposed to do-after i post this i will do some reading on the subject

coca:
Bob, I have for many years been building power cords. I have checked Doc's method of building his power cord, and I will go out on a limb to say that If you are replacing a standard $3.00 power cord that comes with most audio components, Doc's power cord will be a big improvement right out of the wall. I won't get into any theories here.
There is one other thing that can make it better, and that is to have an electrician upgrade the wall receptacle. Yes, you can break the bank when purchasing some wall receptacles. I have done a lot of research on the make up of these devices, and the one I would strongly recomend is by Pass &Seymour. Part# 5252-icn. These are uaually the only ones I use with great sucess. I have no financial interest in this company.

Bernie.                   

Grainger49:
howardnair,

The OP asked about power cords.  The power "conditioner" thread is a whole 'nother animal altogether.  You should start one.  I have heard some that work and some that just cost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version