Jacqui Naylor

RickS · 1535

Offline RickS

on: June 20, 2012, 09:00:24 AM
I attended the premier of a documentary about Jacqui in San Francisco on Saturday night.  It was a really nice event

Foreplay III, Stereomour w/ JJ 2A3-40 and Psvane 12AT7 tubes
Blumenstein Orca FE83-SOL speakers / sub
BH power cables & interconnects
HP Stream 11 running WTFPLAY, Supra USB to Teac UD-301 DSD DAC
Rega Planar 2 w/ AT95SH cartridge, GT subplatter, 24V motor, SRM-Tech Silent Base
Seduction w/ C4S

Offline ironbut

Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 09:19:52 AM
Wow, that must've been very special!
I wish I'd known. The LOH is one of my favorite places in the whole wide world and I haven't heard Jacqui and the guys since she played at Yoshi's a while back.
Listening to great music in places like that is always a treat. My 'ex' used to hob-knob with the SF arts crowd so we used to go to some of the "openings" of exhibits and shows sometimes.
There's nothing better than hearing live music in the presence of great visual art IMHO!

steve koto

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 12:13:19 PM
Unfortunately I couldn't be there but Eileen is vacationing in the Bay Area this week and took her folks to the show. Jacqui is planning a live recording session at 1340 Mission St. in September. It is part of the new program that Romo has set up, doing live recordings with an audience in the tracking room about once a month. After that Jacqui and the band will be up here at Triple Door. I just pitched an idea at Jacqui, to do a live HD stream from my basement music room where I have, among other things, her dad's old Hammond organ completely restored and ready for Art Khu to give it a shakedown. Not sure if she will go for it. Cross your fingers...

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.