DREMEL FAILURE

Guest · 7636

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 12:55:57 PM
+1

Dental drill! Thats sick! - I'm going to have to look for an old ECT machine to burn in my cables.

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

4krow

Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 12:58:16 PM
You again? Well EEric, sometimes morbid meets practical. Now where did I put those glass eyeballs that I use for isolators....

4krow

Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 02:49:50 PM
Has anyone heard of Proxxon rotary tools? They look to be quality.  In the mean time, I was bidding on a Foredom rotary tool and won. This might be interesting.

4krow

Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 04:23:52 AM
Just because, another one of my dremels died yesterday. Fortunatly, it was the exact same problem as the first one. I'm like a pit stop now, and fifteen minutes later, it's back to work. heh heh. BTW, I have a used Foredom on the way. We'll see what thats like soon enough.

Offline Demsy

Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 04:41:47 AM
I used to build precision model airplanes commercially for ten years, have got many broken Dremels of various types. I can tell by experience the Proxxons are more precise and durable, it has metal housing and the accessories are also of very good quality. It's more expensive than the Dremels but worth every penny of it, I can recommend it.

4krow

Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 03:42:57 PM
Thank you sir, it will be high on my list.