King Crimson fans - probably old news

Aural Robert · 705

Offline Aural Robert

on: November 21, 2023, 04:28:31 AM
For all the Crimson fans out there who may not be aware of new mix releases of the entire back catalogue, this was news to me.

I played my vinyl of Larks' Tongues recently and the background noise was huge so I thought I'd pick up a new copy. I discovered most of the KC albums have been remixed from the original master tapes by Steven Wilson and Robert Fripp. WOW the remix is AMAZING I hear things that were inaudible on the original pressing - little bells and triangle sounds, subtle drones in the background, it's like a new recording almost.

I just got the remix versions of Red and Starless but haven't played them yet.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Aural Robert
... got no truck with the la-di-da ...

Origin Live Calypso TT w String Theory arm & Shure V15VxMR, Eros or BH DAC -> BeePre -> MonAmor 2A3s w JJ's => Blumestein Bamboo Tritons on Blumenstein Bamboo stands, AND Enhanced SEX w Sexy spkrs and subs in the WAF zone. DIY Belden 89259 w Eichmann interconnects throughout

Offline rockdoc

Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 06:53:27 PM
oh boy, I might need to check these two you mentioned out... two of my favorites from my early days buying LPs , still have them...... as well as some great foreign (forget which) re issue cds, but they're, well, cds......  I wonder if the remastering on these LPs was done analog.... anyone know?

Steve T