250V AC Australia Transformer Wiring

krallice · 705

Offline krallice

on: February 09, 2019, 12:43:03 AM
Hey there,

I've just measured my input voltage as per page 23 of the instructions, and am getting a consistent reading of 249-250V AC. This is within NSW in Australia, and was higher than what I was expecting ('common knowledge' = 230V Mains)

Doing some quick reading, 250V seems to fall within the 230V Australian standard, and itself shouldn't be an issue; however:

a) Which of the power transformer wirings should I be doing, as the last included in the manual has an upper limit of 245V?
b) Does this have any implications to any of the components of the build?

Cheers

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 05:05:04 AM
This won't be that big of a deal for a Crack kit, just use the highest range. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline krallice

Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 09:43:36 AM
Thanks Paul much appreciated

Offline krallice

Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 12:56:13 AM
Update for anyone who stumbles across this.

Everything ended up going smoothly with the transformer wiring, 250V AC is definitely working no issues. All voltage readings at the end of the build read correct - listening to it now for the first time and I have to say the amp is absolutely fantastic :) Beautiful sound!

Just as importantly, the forums are a fantastic source of information and it was definitely amazing to have such a quick reply from Paul. Amazing community/customer support, thanks Paul and the Bottlehead team!

Offline xarkkon

Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 04:17:23 AM
Thanks for this thread! I'm coming up with 247 - 249 myself and was just wondering the exact same thing :)