Original SEX Monos

najo49 · 2364

Offline najo49

on: June 22, 2012, 07:31:40 AM
I just purchased a set of mono amps which I think are an early version of the  SEX amps. It uses two 6 dns7s per amp and I believe the output is approx. 4 watts. I am looking for a set of schematics for these amps,so I can further understand them. would it be helpful to purchase a set of current SEX manuals to gain the info on this mono version. They of course have no headphone outputs. They work perfectly now. Any information would be appreciated .   

Jann Olsen, [email protected].  Lowther medallion 2 with pm2a./ extended foreplay lll,/EROS phono /Grado ref/ SOTA star Vacuum SME V, /  45 amp direct coupled,c4s,mQ nickel  / paramour  2a3 w MQ iron /Original SEX monos /Jena Cables /heathkit wm6a/ proAc Tablette 50 sig , with push pull

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 08:20:10 AM
It's a completely different circuit, from about 18 years ago. I don't think we still have the schematic lying around here, but it's in the VALVE archive:

http://www.bottlehead.com/VALVEarchive/1997/va091997.pdf

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Online Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 12:41:08 PM
Before the forum, there was a lot of commentary, mods, and ideas in the VALVE magazine. Also, there were different versions. Takes me back! I still have mine, with (IIRC) some sweet-sounding oversize "Champ" guitar amp output iron that Angela carried at the time.

Paul Joppa