Philippines

Guest · 2983

4krow

on: May 14, 2013, 01:27:28 PM
    It might interest you to know that even though I am on the other side of tbe planet, this is the one  website that I check back wkth first. I do not jhave internet in the mountains of Cebu island, so this is fairly rare. I wish that I could see whats available  here in decent electronics, but probably not. Will send photos asap

Stay thirsty my friends

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 05:24:08 PM
Interesting... What are you doing there, pray tell?

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline jimiclow

Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 05:48:27 PM
Head to the beaches of Mactan!

Bottlehead Stereomour with V-cap, Mundorf, Alps
SEX 2.1- Alps, Mundorf
Stock Crack
Reduction with Mundorf, Clarity caps
Schiit Asgard, Schiit Lyr
Technics SL1200mkII
Woo WA-6
Hoyt-Bedford speakers, Fostex T90A
LCD-2, HD600, ER4P, HF5, SR60i, DT990-600, DT770-32, HFI580

4krow

Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 12:05:02 AM
my wife has not seen her family in 4 1/2 years, so a trip is in store. went to the mountains the first week and baked. its good for the bodyn ya know. now we are living high  like Americans again.  will return at the end of the month. look forward to shopping for headphones when we return.

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 03:49:27 AM
Nice! Sounds like a cool trip. Quite the getaway! I traveled in Indonesia when I was a young buck. Got to love those exotic women!

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

4krow

Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 02:13:06 PM
my god, they are everywhere. Elvis(yah, I named my dick Elvis),  wants to go on tour, but I tell him no. Maybe looking is good enough,,, ummm wife agrees. Anyway, some good fotos to be had here, no shortage of that. Just wish that I knew my camera better. Saw some bikes at the mall, yesterday. Marin brand, cant take it with me, so oh well. Wishing there was a hi fi place just to look around.

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 03:39:56 PM
lol!! Enjoy it. Soon enough you will be back to, where is it, Montana? Raising that bumper crop of... dental floss. Raising it up.. and waxin it down. In a little white box that we can.. sell up town.

Eric

4krow

Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 05:19:03 PM
ERIC,   Dammit,  you got off of your meds again

hey, speaking of which, I noticed that my bloodpressure dropped dramatically since I have been here..hmmmm

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 06:28:09 PM
Thats cuz Elvis is hogging it all!

Eric

4krow

Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 09:13:33 PM
MMMERCY BAABY, THATS WHAT I LIKE..

Will be goin shoppin tomm, lets see what I can find for audio.

Offline jimiclow

Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 03:36:48 AM
There's a store downtown that can wind audio transformers for cheap.
I've lived in Cebu for about 10 years.

SEX 2.1- Alps, Mundorf
Stock Crack
Technics SL1200mkII
Woo WA-6

4krow

Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 02:31:33 PM
Thanks,  we were in the mountaiins by Argao until now. My wife is from there.  Man, I wish I knew what the specs would be for a transformer. This would be a ripe moment to take advantage of it. You are not living in Cebu  anymore? As you know, the people here are the kindest that I ever have met, whether at work or on the street.
  Will be downloading foftos today.

Regards,  Greg

Offline jimiclow

Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 05:56:18 AM
We have immigrated to the U.S. in '06 but we still go home every two years to visit family and relatives.
Filipinos are very hospitable too.
I hope you enjoy your stay in Cebu.

SEX 2.1- Alps, Mundorf
Stock Crack
Technics SL1200mkII
Woo WA-6

4krow

Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 11:05:35 PM
   I couldn't agree more. I am surprised more than once with the kindness and respect that is common here. Kind of takes you off guard if you are from an area that is different .  We will be traveling to Manila next week, but I wish that I could stay here instead.

I have been fooling around trying to get fotos to transfer, etc, but so far, nothing but aggravation. Maybe I will just wait until we return home in a few weeks and do it then.